About Me

My photo
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning ,goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do" Bob Dylan.

Tuesday 15 December 2009

SHIFT.dec 15

The "kurtagonals" album was like an electric shock to my system. As I listened to the tracks all manner of senses were opened.I began to sense something hidden in the deep textures in the mix. Its difficult to describe. Something dark? something mysterious,brooding.Eastern?....On headphones while walking on foggy evenings I seemed to be walking the streets of an unknown Eastern European city. Huge spaces of silence , wedges of deep bass shuddering through my bones, ethereal choirs singing an unholy unknown liturgy.
My imagination was ignited. I could feel something being conceived inside. These sounds had to give birth. This music had to be seen as well as heard. In some strange language the music seemed to be asking me to give it a voice.
My inner self stirred with impatience. The sperm of creation had entered the creative womb as became desperate to grow.
With a strange reverence I made my preparations . Canvas ,pure and white ,ready to give birth. I turned up the volume on the amplifier and listened to the spaces......
and waited....loneliness..isolation...world-weariness.Dark. Deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment