About Me

My photo
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning ,goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do" Bob Dylan.

Sunday 7 February 2010


Sunday Morning. I wake early and read about Patti Smith meeting Jimi Hendrix before his death in her new book " Just Kids". Brian Jones, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jimi ? Shamen of the 60's! I remember reading my poem "Jim Morrison's Grave" over improvisation by Jono's fi
rst band "The Trip" years ago! I wonder if I still have a copy? Sleepily I pull on my old paint stained jeans and boots and wander downstairs to dig out "Electric Ladyland". I pass the painting I had been working on. Some one had said "your problem is you dont paint proper pictures " so I had a go . I did a fair job on a landscape in oil. After 2 weeks I looked again. Without stopping to think I stuck on "Love Supreme" (Coltrane) and just let it happen. Now thats better , jazz, whisky and freedom of expression.
Well, I had forgotton how incredible Hendrix was. Roxanne seems to like it . Sue presents me with eggs and bacon, Jimi reminds me he's a "voodoo child".
Sunday Morning..... I grab my old coat and walk to work .The Bookshop is warm and welcoming we are old friends .I choose some Keith Jarret , light a candle and some insence, say a prayer ,make some coffee.......

No comments:

Post a Comment