About Me

My photo
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning ,goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do" Bob Dylan.

Wednesday 20 April 2011

early summer..

Early summer in the Peak District. Everything is fresh the first swallows have arrived from Africa bringing greetings from Morocco. New foliage in the hedgerow and woodlands and the mornings are light and airy. At night the full moon bathes our bedroom in a magical silver glow and tawny owls call to each other in the distance. Even Roxanne enjoys the late afternoon sun.
Today I booked my flights for Finland. Time to finalise my works in good time for despatch. I have a week or so before we take a holiday in St. Ives so its time to add all the finishing touches and wrap the babies in cotton wool.
Reviewing my recent offerings all inspired by the visit to Marrakech in Febuary I realise that I have slowly moved from impressionistic landscape to a much more abstract viewpoint almost without noticing. My early passion and impetus has slowly matured and settled into a most satisfying rhythm that is quite pleasing.






No comments:

Post a Comment