About Me

My photo
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning ,goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do" Bob Dylan.

Saturday 3 September 2011

minninglow

The Shire looks lovely in an "end of summer" kind of way. I pop "The Old Wylde Souls" new album in the c/d player and 3 tunes later I am parking up at Pike Hall. A warm westerly wind pushes me along the trail towards Minninglow. A single rook hangs in the sky , there is no one else around. Leaving the trail by the access path I disturb half a dozen partridges having a late breakfast as I ascend to the ancient burial site.
The site is protected by a ring of beech, ash and rowan trees .Sitting on a huge limestone slab I eat cheese and pickle sandwiches while listening to the wind in the tall beeches. The sun reluctantly appears for a moment , I lie back and watch the clouds scud by.  On the way back I pick a few blackberries for tea. Nice!





No comments:

Post a Comment