About Me

My photo
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning ,goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do" Bob Dylan.

Wednesday 14 April 2010

SPRING




Gosh ! Spring is officially here. I only know because there are lambs skipping about in the pastures just near the house! They do seem happy.I guess they are not aware of the future. A pair of blackbirds are building a nest in our laurel bush. Roxanne seems determined to scare them off. She's a lovely cat and useless at catching stuff so they are safe.
Pori is now two weeks away today and I am feeling excited and a little nervous. The strangest feeling was parceling up all the work ready for transportation .18 months work encased in bubble wrap and cardboard ready for D.H.L. to collect. My babies in transit !I am now putting the final touches to my "book of inspiration" for the gallery. This contains photos, artwork, quotations and lists of music , books and films that I have found helpful during the time I have been painting. This task is really a lot of fun and slightly indulgent , in fact, like a school project -I'm hoping for an A star!!
With all the work for Finland completed I have also spent some time clearing up my mess in the "studio" (posh term for ex-garage) and wondering what is next up?
Been for a great walk today at the Monyash end of Lathkill Dale. There is a pond full of tadpoles and newts. I was filled with nostalgia for the days when, with my friends , we could wander the fields and hills around Castleton and gather frogspawn for home and classroom. In the late 1950's you could do stuff like that. We were always amazed as those little black dots became tadpoles and then frogs. It was a great day when we let them out into the fields to make their way in life.
My favourites were newts. Mini dragons that were amphibious. I still find them fascinating today!

No comments:

Post a Comment