About Me

My photo
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning ,goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do" Bob Dylan.

Sunday 13 December 2009

inspiration jan09



Watch Simon Sharma's documetary on Turner. Brilliant. I just love those atmospheres. Liz takes me to the Rothko Exhibition at the Tate Modern.
I am blown away by the Great Hall and the TH.2058 installation.( i buy two Arturo Lindsay c/ds straight away).
Sometimes I despair because all the great paintings have been painted.Its much the same with music.We live in the reflected glory of the great masters.
I love Rothko,Pollock,Sutcliffe. When I paint I produce nothing but poor replicas.
what is the point?
How can you break new ground? I dont think it can be done...

Dont stop trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment